Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome & Introduction

I must admit, I've never created a blog before. I wasn't really familiar with them, but saw a friend's and thought what the heck. My name is Ashley, I am married to a wonderful man named Stevie and we had two children. Hannah is at the wonderful age of 6 and going into 1st grade this year. She's creative, entergetic and a typical kid of her age. Matthew is in his own world and 3. He has really made strides in his social, physical and speech therapy. We are so happy with his progress.



I am 28 years old and an animal fanatic which you will learn by reading any of my posts. My husband Stevie is 35 and along for the ride. He wasn't really into or against animals, but has learned that living with me means a lot of critters around. He has adapted and even learned to love some of them. We were married November 30th, 2001. I can't believe its almost been 7 years already. Seems like just yesterday.



I grew up here in South Carolina, but was born in Medina, Ohio. Stevie was born and raised here in Easley, South Carolina. We have a nice home and are happy.



About our critters. Well I have been involved with animal rescue and fostering through two organizations. One was Greyhounds & Love in Anderson, SC. There we fostered 5 hounds and ended up chipping with Ace our 5th foster. So we stopped fostering since we're softies. We also volunteered and fostered for the Kitten Action Team in Fountin Inn, SC. We also wound up keeping foster cats and kittens so we have learned fostering doesn't work well for us. LOL Our pets right now are Ace (getting ready to turn 8 years old) He is a retired racing Greyhound. We have 7 indoor cats. Chloe is the oldest being over 10 though we are not positive her age. She was 2-3 estimated by our vet in 2000. Wendy we found in the Wendy's parking lot here in town in 2000. Felix and Lily were foster kittens back in 2003. Itty Bit found us in 2005. The two little ones are kittens from family. And we also have a few gerbils (use to be a breeder).



We raise Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats. We just added two Lamancha doelings to the herd this year so we'll likely have Mini-Manchas here next spring. We currently have 23 does and 5 bucks. Expecting kids to be born this week too! More on the goats later. We also have 8 RIRs, a pair of Silver Sebrights and 4 noisey Guineas.



I will post more information as I get familiar with posting and blogging. Thanks for reading! Ashley

No comments: